Exponam LLC Privacy Statement
Scope of This Statement
This Privacy Statement is intended to describe Exponam LLC’s (Exponam) privacy practices and provide information about the ways in which information collected by Exponam is used and disclosed.
Our Commitment to Privacy
At Exponam, your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we have provided this Statement explaining our information practices, how your personal information is collected, used, and disclosed. To make this Statement easy to find, we have made it available on our homepage.
The Information We Collect
This Privacy Statement applies to all information collected by or submitted to Exponam, including personal data. “Personal data” is data that can be used to identify an individual.
Exponam collects personal data when:
- you create a user account;
- you participate in surveys and evaluations;
- you participate in promotions, contests or giveaways;
- you submit questions or comments to us.
Exponam may also collect personal data from individuals (with their consent) at conventions, trade shows and expositions. The types of personal data collected may include (but are not limited to):
- your first and last name;
- your title and your company’s name;
- your home, billing, or other physical address (including street name, name of a city or town, state/province);
- your country code;
- your e-mail address;
- your telephone number;
- any other identifier that permits Exponam to make physical or online contact with you;
- any information that Exponam collects online from you and maintains in association with your account, such as:
- your Exponam Account System password,
- your GPG key ID,
- your SSH public key,
- your IRC nickname,
- your language preference,
- your timezone,
- your geographic coordinates (longitude/latitude),
- your affiliation(s).
Information we do NOT collect
Perhaps more important than the data we collect, is the data we do NOT collect. At Exponam, we are committed to the Secure and Easy Sharing of Data. This means that you, the data producer, control what data is shared and with whom, utilizing Exponam .BIG files. Exponam will NEVER collect, store, maintain, or otherwise use your .BIG files unless explicitly requested by you. Exponam will NEVER collect, store, maintain, or otherwise use data from within your .BIG files. Exponam will NEVER collect, store, maintain, or otherwise use any password/passcode data generated for your .BIG files.
IF you utilize Exponam’s web based service to build your .BIG files,
- your .BIG file data will temporarily be contained upon our servers;
- The .BIG file data will not be accessed for any purpose other than .BIG file creation as directed by you;
- The .BIG file data will be routinely purged;
- We WILL maintain statistical data regarding your .BIG file’s size, data/time of creation, and creation performance.
Using (Processing) Your Personal Data
Exponam uses the personal data you provide to:
- create and maintain your accounts;
- identify and authenticate you;
- answer your questions;
- send you information;
- for research activities, including the production of statistical reports;
- send you surveys.
We also use this personal data to provide you with information related to your account and the products or services you acquire from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service, to personalize communications, and to comply with or fulfill any contractual obligations to you. It is in Exponam’s legitimate business interests to provide you with the information, communications, and services you request; and to maintain the integrity of that data and content for historical, scientific, and research purposes.
Sharing Your Personal Data
Unless you consent, Exponam will never process or share the personal data you provide to us except as described below.
Exponam may share your personal data with third parties under any of the following circumstances:
- As required to provide service, and for e-mail housing (as a consequence of uses already described in this Privacy Statement). It is in Exponam’s legitimate business interest to provide all users an accurate record of statistics provided by Exponam’s services, and to maintain the integrity of those statistics for historical, scientific, and research purposes. This data and content may include but is not limited to email, data file statistics, and artifacts.
- As required by law (such as responding to a valid subpoena, warrant, audit, or agency action, or to prevent fraud).
- For research activities, including the production of statistical reports (such aggregated information is used to describe our services and is not used to contact the subjects of the report).
Exponam may send you e-mail about your account, to inform you of important upcoming Exponam events, or in response to your questions. For your protection, Exponam may contact you in the event that we find an issue that requires your immediate attention. Exponam processes your personal data in these cases to fulfill and comply with its contractual obligations to you, to provide the services you have requested, and to ensure the security of your account.
Cookies and Other Browser Information
Exponam’s online services automatically capture IP addresses. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our website, and to help ensure the security of your interaction with our services. Your IP address is used to help identify you and your location, in order to provide you data and content from our services as quickly as possible. It is in Exponam’ legitimate business interest to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of its services for all users.
- Remind us of who you are and to access your account information (stored on our computers) in order to provide a better and more personalized service. This cookie is set when you register or “sign in” and is modified when you “sign out” of our services.
- Estimate audience size. Each browser accessing Exponam’s web content is given a unique cookie that is used to determine the extent of repeat usage and usage by a registered user versus by an unregistered user.
- Measure certain traffic patterns, which areas of Exponam’s network of websites you have visited, and your visiting patterns in the aggregate. We use this research to understand how our user’s habits are similar or different from one another so that we can make each new experience on Exponam.com a better one. We may use this information to better personalize the content, banners, and promotions you and other users will see on our sites.
Our Commitment to Data Security
Our website uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts your personal data when you send your personal information on our website. In addition, Exponam and its partners enter into confidentiality agreements which require that care and precautions be taken to prevent loss, misuse, or disclosure of your personal data.
Our Commitment to Children’s Online Privacy
Out of special concern for children’s privacy, Exponam does not knowingly accept online personal information from children under the age of 13. Exponam does not knowingly allow children under the age of 13 to become registered members of our sites. Exponam does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information about children under 13.
In the event that Exponam ever decides to expand its intended site audience to include children under the age of 13, those specific web pages will, in accordance with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), be clearly identified and provide an explicit privacy notice addressed to children under 13. In addition, Exponam will provide an appropriate mechanism to obtain parental approval, allow parents to subsequently make changes to or request removal of their children’s personal information, and provide access to any other information as required by law.
About Links to Other Sites
This site contains links to other sites. Exponam does not control the information collection of sites that can be reached through links from Exponam.com. If you have questions about the data collection procedures of linked sites, please contact those sites directly.
Your Rights and Choices in the EEA
Where the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) applies to the processing of your personal data, especially when you access the website from a country in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have the following rights, subject to some limitations, against Exponam:
- The right to access your personal data;
- The right to rectify the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to erase your personal data;
- The right to restrict our use of your personal data;
- The right to object to our use of your personal data;
- The right to receive your personal data in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (also known as the right of data portability); and
- The right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may do so via our Contact Form. Please understand, however, the rights enumerated above are not absolute in all cases.
Where the GDPR applies, you also have the right to withdraw any consent you have given to uses of your personal data. If you wish to withdraw consent that you have previously provided to Exponam, you may do so via our Contact Form. However, the withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
How to Access, Modify or Update Your Information
Exponam gives you the ability to access, modify or update your personal data at any time. You may log in and make changes to your login information (change your password), your contact information, your general preferences and your personalization settings. If necessary, you may also contact us and describe the changes you want made to the personal data you have previously provided using the Contact Form.
If you wish to remove your personal data from Exponam, you may contact us using the Contact Form and request that we remove this information from the Exponam Account System.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about any of these practices or Exponam’s use of your personal information, please feel free to contact us through our Contact Form, or by mail at:
155 Fleet Street
Portsmouth NH 03801
Exponam will work with you to resolve any concerns you may have about this Statement.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Exponam reserves the right to change this policy from time to time. If we do make changes, the revised Privacy Statement will be posted on this site.
This Privacy Statement was last amended on August 9, 2018.